Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Links And Links!

     Well, it's Wednesday, and I'm late. Again. The fun part is I learned some things, and my website is actually coming along nicely! The other day, I showed my gf +Briana McCarty the code of what I'm working on. She was all, I don't know what this means, but it looks cool. I was like psh. Same here, but then she said that I wouldn't have been able to do most of this just a few months ago. And I realized that was totally true! I had like a mental slap in the face. I realized I had done most of the website with no guidance, or they would say do something, and I would know how to do it without looking at the demo. Le gf probably doesn't know any of this, because I was so tired I don't think I physically reacted. Anyhoo, the moral(AKA TL;DR) is that I actually  have come a long way, and maybe don't suck at this as much I think I do! Olé...? Maybe. I just need to keep plugging away! I did about five hours yesterday, and looked up and it was  7:00pm time just flies while I study. Which is one of the reasons this is so late. So, while I didn't learn too much, I did get some cool stuff. I have Grooveshark a-going, so it's time to plug in and plug away!


HTML/CSS



      The first thing up is font-weight. This is a CSS tag, and I can't believe that I haven't used it before. Now, this is actually more complex than it appears. Unlike some CSS tags, the title that goes to the right of the colon has more than just one or two options. So, as I do when it can be a wall of text, go to Mozilla and they have all the goods that you need.

      Next up! The wonderful attributes for links! Usually you have a{ some code} and that tells the CSS how to style the links, but you can also do some sweet sweet CSS magic to make the links react to things like being clicked on and such. Here are some examples that I will then tell you about:
a:hover{
   color:white;
}
a:visited{
   color:blue;
}
a:active {
color:red;
}

     The titles are pretty easy to understand. a:example means that anything with 'a' in the tag is going to have this applied to it. Which of course, means that a link will have it applied to because, as I'm sure you're aware, a link in HTML looks like this: <a href = "example.com"></a> and since that 'a' is all alone, it's our target! Hover is when the mouse hovers over the link, visited is when the link has been visited, and active is when you click on it. See? pretty easy.

And now, I'm going to hit you with some links because I need sleep, but you need to read more.

First, this one has FREE(legal) programming related books that you can download:
http://it-ebooks.info/

This one is free .js books. See? said that I would have more. Here ya go: http://jsbooks.revolunet.com/

For those of you that need to know thirty different things all at once that would be great to have on a laminated pamphlet, there is this:
http://www.visibone.com/

For a more advanced .js blog, this guy has some great stuff:
http://zenscript.wordpress.com/

Not only is this one funny, in a cussy sort of way, it's also pretty useful with the knowledge gainingness:
http://programming-motherfucker.com/

And here's music to listen to while you do some light reading:
http://grooveshark.com/#!/writhem/broadcast

     With that amazing link dump, I am out! Here's to hoping the Friday post is done earlier! See y'all then!


--Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment